How we Work
Chengeta Wildlife maintains a simple operating principle across five key pillars, all to support the protection of wildlife.
with local governments, communities, partners, and programs.
- Assist in national strategic wildlife protection planning
- Integrate & align stakeholders
- Provide analysis
- Assist in bespoke National
- Park planning
- Liaison & coordination with judicial process
- Provision of progress reports
communities to support efforts countering illegal wildlife trade.
- Human Rights Training at the Community Level
- Rapid Ethnographic Assessments
- Communications development
- Environmental Education
- Support economic & entrepreneurial development
& investigate existing data to understand the holistic situation.
- Collection & processing of data
- Network, hotspot & geospatial analyses
- Fusion of human & geospatial sources
- Development of a Common Operating Picture
- Evaluation of existing practices
and develop local wildlife protection capacity.
- Human Rights Training
- Site-specific Doctrine development
- Leadership development
- Counter-Improvise Explosive Device Training
- Fieldcraft/ tracking
- Weapon Handling
- Evidence Handling
and support anti-poaching operations.
- Patrol Operations
- Detection, Surveillance, Site Exploitation
- Canine Units & other Specialized Capabilities
- Prosecution follow up
- Development of tactics, techniques and procedures
Photo taken by: Jacha Potgieter
WHO WE WORK WITH
In order for us to maximize our efficiency and effectiveness, we have forged partnerships with governmental entities and NGOs.
Chengeta Wildlife operates in key wildlife protection areas in Africa to train rangers and empower communities to protect species.